The National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) Board, chaired by President Duterte, has approved 10 projects during its second meeting in Malacañang on Monday.
Presidential Spokesman Ernesto Abella said the 10 projects, with an estimated cost of P270+ billion approved by the NEDA board on Monday include:
- Scaling-Up of the Second Cordillera Highlands Agricultural Resources Management Project/ Department of Agriculture
- Expansion of the Philippine Rural Development Project / DA
- Improvement/Widening of General Luis Road (Quezon City to Valenzuela City
- New Cebu International Port
- North-South Railway Project (NSRP)-South Line
- Malitubog-Maridagao Irrigation Project, Stage 2
- Chico River Pump Irrigation Project
- New Nayong Pilipino at Entertainment City
- Improvement/widening of road from Quirino Highway, Quezon City to Gen MacArthur Highway
- Confirmation on Unbundling of earlier NEDA Board-Approved Airport Projects
This was added to the nine projects worth P171.14 billion approved by the NEDA Board last September.
- The P74.6-billion Ninoy Aquino International Airport public-private partnership (PPP)
- The P37.8-billion Metro Manila Bus Rapid Transit (BRT)-EDSA
- The P23.5-billion Metro Manila Flood Management Project
- The P10.2-billion Inclusive Partnership for Agricultural Competitiveness (IPAC)
- The P8-billion Maritime Safety Capability Improvement Project for the PCG
- The P7.4-billion change in the scope of the New Bohol Airport Construction and Sustainable Environment Protection Project
- The P2.4-billion Eastern Visayas Regional Medical Center Modernization (EVRMC)
- The P2.2-billion Modernization of Gov. Celestino Gallares Memorial Hospital
- The P4.8-billion expansion of the Passenger Terminal Building (PTB) Area of the Bicol International Airport
The Duterte administration is expected to spend approximately P500 billion in all infrastructure , agriculture projects.
Source: Presidential Communications (Government of the Philippines), GMA News