The Department of Tourism officials confirms on Tuesday, August 9, that terrorist ISIS-related group is reportedly plotting serious bomb threat to the upcoming Miss Universe Pageant but insisted that the country is ready to hold the event in 2017.
In a pro-social media channel tracked by the terror monitoring SITE Intellegence Group, a video showed online on how to "create a bomb for Miss Universe," referring to the beauty pageant to be held in Manila.
The video posted on Monday, showed on how to put together a suicide belt and assemble explosives and addressed “brothers who love martyrdom” to launch a terrorist attack.
"We consider this as serious," said the tourism department, which last month announced it won the contest to host the 2017 pageant.
National police spokesman Senior Superintendent Dionardo Carlos told that an intelligence group will be assigned to handle the possible threat.
"That's going to be looked at," he said, without elaborating.